Pegasus Town Maintenance24/07/2014 - Development, Latest News, Pegasus Community
As of the 1st of July 2014, Waimakariri District Council has become responsible for the maintenance of Council owned assets within Pegasus Town. This includes the following:
- Grass mowing of reserves including the lake edge reserve: grass mowing will be done to three different standards within the town.
- It will not include the western or eastern conservation areas.
- Street garden maintenance
- Reserve playground equipment maintenance (playgrounds are inspected monthly and any repairs identified are prioritised and actioned accordingly).
- Graffiti removal within reserve (graffiti is removed by request from the public so if you see any please let the Council know).
- Toilet cleaning including the beach
- Beach access road and car park sweeping and maintenance
- Barbecue cleaning (this is undertaken monthly in the winter and weekly in the summer).
- Rubbish bin emptying (the council have been doing this for some time already so the existing service level will continue).
- Beach grooming (this will be undertaken on a regular basis more frequently in the summer months)